Thursday, May 31, 2018

It's been a long time...

It's been a really long time since I've blogged. I don't know why I stopped - but I think I'll start blogging again. Lots is going on in the life of Ellen D. these days. For starters, I'm in graduate school. I know - why in the world would I do that? Well, I'll tell 'ya why. I'm stupid. I'm a glutton for punishment. I don't have enough on my plate already (ha!). Who the heck knows why I decided to tackle a doctorate, but such is my life right now. I only say that to make this point - if there's quite a bit of time between blogs, that's why.

So, in the world of sports (isn't that what this blog is supposed to be about?)...there's a pretty big game tonight.  Warriors vs. Cavs - who you got?  I say Warriors in 6, but what do I know?  I'm picking Golden State because of my boo KD...ok, so he isn't really my boo, but a girl can dream, right?  Oh, and they've got a pretty good team.  The Cavs could win, and that would be fine.  LBJ - the player, not the president - is a mighty fine player as well.   I mean, hasn't he gone to something like 8 straight finals games?  According to 'the Google' I've got that right.  Sports Illustrated deems him 'currently the greatest basketball player of all time.'  I'll let you debate the MJ vs. LBJ argument.  I don't have a dog in the fight, but it's fun to watch 'adults' argue their side.  Ha!

OAN: the Diamond Hogs are hosting a Regional.  Yay!  I'm contemplating going up to 'the Hill' this weekend to catch a game or two.  Anyone wanna give me some tickets?  It's amazing what DVH has been able to accomplish as the Head Diamond Hog.  And I love this team - every last one of the guys on it.  They play with heart and tenacity.  Since they're hosting the Regional and have a great shot at hosting a Super Regional, I'm picking them to go to the CWS and maybe even win it.  They're basically unbeatable at Baum, so if they can ride that all the way to Omaha, they'll live up to their nickname - OmaHogs!

Ok, so this is probably long enough for my first blog back after a 7 year hiatus.  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment