Saturday, January 23, 2010

Arkansas and Texas

My two favorite college teams of all time are the Texas Longhorns and the Arkansas Razorbacks. YES, it IS possible to like both of these teams equally. I've been argued with and people try so hard to convince me that I can not like both of these teams, but be assured that it IS possible.

Today, both of my teams played basketball. Arkansas played the Kentucky Wildcats, currently ranked #2, but will be ranked #1 after today. The final score was Kentucky 101, Arkansas 70. The score is indicative of the huge schism between the way the two teams played. Arkansas was embarrassed, totally! At one point, I actually turned the channel to HGTV because I just couldn't stand to watch it. On one hand, I feel sorry for some of the players. On the other hand, I see the effort some of them bring to the court and it's hard for me to feel sorry for them. Last year's 2 and 12 SEC record is looking unattainable if they continue to play this way. We'll see how bad is gets before it gets better(if it does).

Texas was ranked #1 before a loss earlier in the week to Kansas State, their first loss of the season. They played U Conn today @ UConn and they lost again. The score was UConn 88, Texas 74. I was flipping back and forth between this game, the game between Arkansas and Kentucky and HGTV because I was so disappointed in BOTH of my teams. I briefly thought about finding a totally new and different team to cheer for this season since it looks like I might be disappointed in at least one team at a time, if not both. I'm not the type of person who allows my allegiance to come and go that quickly, though I can be tempted to feel that way, especially after a weekend like this. BUT...I will regroup and hopefully Arkansas and Texas will pull themselves together and start playing better SOON.

So, I'll end by posting this. Whooo Pig Sooie! and Hook 'em Horns!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment