Sunday, January 31, 2010

Is anyone even watching that?

Okay, so lots of "important" sports stuff happened today. Federer wins his 16th major with a win at the Australian Open. Does this surprise anyone? He's a phenom on the court. And, does anybody else find it interesting that all, or at least an overwhelming majority, of the international athletes speak English? Anyway, Federer wins again. So, that makes this year's Australian Open winners: Serena and Federer. Again, anyone surprised?

In NFL news: the AFC beat the NFC 41 to 34 in the Pro-Bowl. Did anyone watch this? I did, but I'm not normal (no jokes please!) Should this game even be played? When the NFL decided to move it from Hawaii to Miami and to the week before the Superbowl, it lost tons of appeal for spectators and players. It was entertaining, but it wasn't a real professional football game. No player plays at full speed during this game, except for maybe Ray Lewis, but he knows only one intensity level... The NFL needs to reconsider moving the game back to Hawaii. JMO

In the biggest news of the day, the Hogs played at Ole Miss. The game was originally scheduled to be played yesterday but due to the inclement weather, it was rescheduled for today. Did anyone expect the Hogs to win? I didn't, but I've been wrong before. I know, it's hard to believe that I was wrong, but I was. In my defense, the Hogs hadn't won a road SEC game in 2 years, 15 straight away games. Clark and Fortson had never won a road SEC game. That all changed today. They went to Oxford and won. It wasn't televised, but I listened on the radio. Admittedly, I wasn't giving it my full attention because I was watching the Pro-Bowl at the same time, but I caught the most important statistic of all....Ole Miss 73, Arkansas 80. What makes this win even better, if that's even possible, is that Ole Miss was ranked in the top 20...one poll ranking them #18. If I hadn't listened to it myself I might not believe it. Arkansas went on the road in the SEC and beat a ranked team. Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog!!!

So, I'll end this by saying...Who Dat, Pig Sooie and Hook 'Em!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment